No doubt most of the web hosting companies provide free Email accounts.
But the truth is, Mail clients, offered by them are ugly and most of the important features are missing. And on the other hand, for the people like me who are used to the Gmail interface, is hard to switch.
So if you are looking for a way to use Gmail custom domain email you are at the right place.
But if you don’t want to spend a penny and look for a temporary solution you can follow this step-by-step tutorial to “use Gmail custom domain email” within 10 minutes.
Step 1: Create Custom Domain Email Address For Free
Here the first step will be to create a custom domain E-mail address for free. For this, we will be using the E-mail hosting feature. Most of the Web hosting companies provide it for free.
1. Log in to your hosting CPanel.
2. Head over to the Email Section and click on Email Accounts.
3. Now click on Add Email Account.
Fill up the required information such as your Email, Password, Domain for which you are going to create an Email and Mailbox Quota.
Under domain section you can see a Drop Down icon. This is because I have hosted 2-3 domain on this hosting. So it gave you an option to create Custom Domain Email for different domains.
4. Hit the “Create Account” button and a success message will Popup on your screen.
Step 2: Forward Mails From Custom Email Accounts To to Gmail Account
After the successful creation of a custom Email Address for your Business now it’s time to forward the incoming emails to your Gmail account. For this, I am going to use the Email Forwarding feature available inside your Hosting CPanel.
But before that, I will suggest you create a new Gmail account specially used for professional use. You can create a new Gmail account from here.
1. Now once again head over to the Email section inside your hosting C Panel and click on Forwarders.
2. Under Create an Email Account Forwarder, click on Add Forwarder and fill up the required information.
3. Now to finish the setup process click on Add Forwarder again.
Test out Email Forwarding Working or Not?
4. Sign in to your personal Gmail account and compose an Email to your Custom Email Address email@example.com.
5. Check the Inbox of your newly created Gmail account mail will be forwarded there.
If it doesn’t show up in Inbox check out your Spam folder.
Step 3: Tweak Gmail to Send Emails Within Gmail Dashboard
Till now everything worked perfectly and I am assuming it also worked for you. Now the final step is to tweak your Gmail account so you can send mail from a Custom Email Address with Gmail.
Steps To Send Mail from Custom Email With Gmail:
1. Log in to your Gmail account & head over to the Gear icon then click on the Settings option.
2. Now head over to Accounts and Import Option and look out for Send mail as an option. Now click on Add another Email address.
3. Fill up the required information.
Name: Your Name (It will display as a sender name )
Email Address: Your Custom Email Address
Tick the Treat as an alias
4. Next step is to set up an SMTP server so you can send mail within your Gmail dashboard.
For this, you need SMTP server details. Most of the host will send it to your Mailbox (Custom Email Mailbox) when you create a new email account.
If you didn’t get any mail you can get it manually while setting up your Mail Client. Below I have attached Godady’s SMTP server details.
5. Gmail Team will send you a verification code to your custom Email address. Now open your Custom Email Inbox or Gmail Inbox (we have added Email forwarding) to get the verification code.
6. Hit the verify button and all is set.
7. Now in Gmail under Settings> Accounts and Import Option> Send mail as> Make Custom Email as Default.
8. Test out whether it is working or not? Compose a new mail and send it to your other account.
Final Thoughts on Setting Gmail Custom Domain Email
Having a professional Email address is always a plus point for your business. And if you have followed this tutorial you are now having a professional Email address for free.
And the best part is, you can access it through Gmail.
Do let us know it worked or not? Drop a comment below and I will try my best to resolve your problems.