Wants to start your own money-making blog?
Most people want to earn money through their blog. But due to lack of knowledge, it is not possible for them.
Most of the beginners think that website making is difficult and need lots of coding, time and money so they drop their idea and never make a start.
Nowadays starting your blog is not a difficult. It depends on your passion and how much time you give to your passion.
So in this article, I will try to cover every necessary point that will help you to create your first self-hosted WordPress blog.
- 1 What is WordPress?
- 2 Few Important terms you should know before you start
- 3 Steps to Signup and buy Hosting for Siteground:
- 4 How to install WordPress?
- 5 Install theme and edit your blog:
- 6 Install Plugins:
What is WordPress?
WordPress is a CMS (Content Management System) built on PHP and My SQL, and it is open-source software. WordPress is the most popular blogging platform and millions of the websites are powered by WordPress.
Some of you know about WordPress also read its advantages but didn’t know how WordPress works and how it installs on a website/blog. It is due to the absence of domain or hosting.
- Free (You have to pay for domain and hosting only)
- Open source
- Easy to install
- Easily customization
- Free themes
- Free plugins
- SEO friendly
- Very easy to use
Few Important terms you should know before you start
Basic requirements to create your website/blog:
- Domain name (name and address of your site/blog).
- Hosting account (Online storage which stores your website/blog data).
Domain name is part of a network that identifies particular website like risingidiot.com, facebook.com, and other websites. It’s like a phone number.
Domain name is also the address of a website. The domain name of two websites cannot be same. As you know there are many types of domain are present on the internet like:
abc.com, abc.gov (used by government agencies ), abc.net etc
Where can I get Domain at low prices:
A web host is an online storage which stores your website/blog data. Data can be of any type; it can contain text, audio, video, etc. Every website needs hosting to store data.
You can start with:
- Siteground ( 60% off + Free Setup)
- Bluehost ( Free Domain)
- Lightning speed
- Free site/Blog Migration
- Incredible customer support
- Reasonable prices
- Free SSL certificate
- One click installations of WordPress
- 30 days Money Back Guarantee
Steps to Signup and buy Hosting for Siteground:
- Go to Siteground homepage and click on Signup.
2. Select Hosting Plan:
- The StartUp plan is perfect for people with one website that are starting now.
- The GrowBig plan is a great value for money offer, including the option for multiple sites and the SuperCacher that significantly improves a WordPress and Joomla website speed.
- The GoGeek plan is perfect for people with e-commerce and larger sites, or more geeky development needs like staging and GIT integration.
3. Choose Domain:
If you want to buy a new domain, you can buy from Siteground for $14.95/year.
If you already have purchased a domain name click on I already have a domain and fill the details. Siteground provides free website transfer.
4. Review & Complete your order:
How to install WordPress?
- Login to your hosting CPanel. Find Softaculous app installer. Click on it.
- You see many icons one of which is WordPress. Click on it.
- After clicking on WordPress a page is open like this. Then click on install now
- You have to select the protocol. If you have SSL certificate installed then you should choose https://www otherwise choose http://www from options.
- Now it will ask you to choose the domain name, add admin username, password, and email address. Fill admin email address carefully because you will get notifications and password reset options in case you forgot your username/password.
- Then hit the install button.
- It will take few minutes to install and it will show you confirmation message after successful installation and it will also provide you administrative URL by which you can customize your Website/Blog
Install theme and edit your blog:
The theme plays an important role on a website. A good looking website attracts the user. So make your blog beautiful as it possible.
How to install themes:
- OpenWordPress dashboard.
- At left-hand side click Appearance>theme>Add new
- You can see many themes also you can install one of them on your WordPress blog. You can also upload another theme on your blog simply Appearance>theme>add new.
At left-hand side click on Plugins. A page is open like this
There are two way to install plugins
- Upload Plugin
- Search and Install plugins which are present in WordPress directory.
If you want to start your own blog/website and you don’t have much technical knowledge then WordPress would be the best option for you. It can save you lots of time and money.